Friday 7 June 2013

My experiments with porcelain

I am really enjoying playing with porcelain, it is so much cheeper then silver and completely different to work with. Its so light and I really like the feel once fired. 

The most noticeably thing is the extreme fragility whilst in the greenware stage. 
Its like re-learning how to handle the clay but I have managed to build a little house called the Tuscan Villa. I have added colour, silver and even colour and silver together and it works well. These have all been a one stage firing. The next lot have been fired to a bisque firing with colour . I will give them a glaze to see the difference.

Here are some photos of what I have been doing the little building is in the kiln a long with some other bits and bobs.

I can't wait to open the kiln tomorrow morning, but for now I think I need to make this lot into jewellery



No comments: